Sunday, March 25, 2007

My reality week ends on Sunday

So I was traveling this week and had to work to not see certain shows that I was TiVoing at home.

(Again -spoiler alert if you haven't watched reality TV from 3/20-25)

Survivor was interesting. They changed the teams and I found it more interesting than so far this season. I felt bad for Anthony, who was eliminated. He was the "geeky" guy. Yeah, he was a little whiny, but I'd liked to have seen someone else eliminated. Rocky is starting to irritate me and he's being a royal cock to Anthony, so I'd like to have seen Rocky go instead of Anthony, but oh well.

Idol. Oh Idol. What Sanjaya did was different this week, but I still think he sucked. Let me clarify... He's talented. He has a good voice. But I think he's the weekest competitor left. By far. He butchered "You Really Got Me" by the Kinks (Yes, Van Halen did a good version of that song in their debut album, but it was a cover of the Kinks, not written by Van Halen as many think). OK, so Sanjaya wasn't voted off. Stephanie was. Once again, while I don't think Stephanie was going to win the whole thing, she is infinitely more talented than Sanjaya. The shocking thing is, Sanjaya wasn't even in the bottom 3. Chris Richardson and Stephanie were the bottom two. Chris is one of my favorites, not because he sings my type of music or anything, but because he has a good voice, great stage prescence and is possibly the most marketable of all of the contestants. And, he was in the bottom 2, but not Sanjaya. The show has almost become a joke to me now. Sanjaya should have been gone weeks ago. My only hope that he leaves this week, because (have I mentioned this before?) everyone else left is much more talented.

SIDE NOTE: If you didn't catch SNL with Peyton Manning as host this week, you simply have to see it. Andy Samberg does an excellent Sanjaya. I think the current cast of SNL are some of the most talented folks that have been on in quite a while.

This brings me to Amazing Race. Charla and Mirna are back using their annoying fake accents. As I watch, they are currently in the lead, which makes me sick. The only thing that tempers that a bit is that Charla was sick on the boat too, puking over the side of a boat. But, that didn't prevent them from finishing 1st again. These people are rude to everyone, including most of the local folk they meet. They prayed with one on this trip (highly awkward for him) and then kept saying (again, in their fake spanish accent) "hurry up, we're not on a leisurely trip" to people like cab drivers, etc. Frankly, I think they're jerks, annoying, mean and I was ready for them to go weeks ago. Maybe they and Sanjaya can take a trip to somewhere far from any TV cameras together? Please? Teri and Ian, the older couple on the Race were eliminated. Nice people. Too bad Mirna and Schmirna weren't the ones :(

Does anyone else even watch this stuff?

1 comment:

Trish said...

here here...I mean, we basically think the same with regards to Sanjaya, Survivor and Race but you can really peg the truth about these shows. I want to start a campaign to vote of Sanjaya. He may have the hearts of 10-year-olds but not the rational public. Enough already.