Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Meat please

I don't think I'd be able to be a vegetarian.

Last night Trish and I went to Outback (Eerrtbeerk sterrk herse)and, after contemplating a salad or pasta or something like that, I decided to go with my standby, the filet. I like salad. I love Outback's chop salad and I ate ever bit of it. But, even though I wasn't hungering for steak, the filet was wonderful. I get it medium rare and this was cooked to perfection. Not dripping blood, but red in the middle and pink the rest of the way through. I wasn't super hungry, so I finished about 1/2 of the 9oz filet, but I did that knowing that I'd be eating the leftovers, possibly cold.

Today, in an attempt to eat things we have on hand instead of ordering/buying something, I cooked two pieces of bacon and put it on some leftover jalapeno foccacia bread. It's funny when you make something on a whim or with leftovers that is great. This was great. Bread would probably be my #2 desire behind meat. No secret that I love sandwiches as they include both.

Maybe I'm just thinking about food because Trish and I are planning a "cleanse" in a couple of weeks. What this does is takes all the toxins from your body and allows you to absorb nutrients again. It's a 9-day cleanse and the first and last 2 days, you eat no solid food. For the other 5, you only get one "normal" meal a day. I'm looking forward to it, because I want to "reset" my body and start working out again, etc. But, I will certainly miss the flesh that I love.

I guess some of us are just carnivores.

No comments: