Saturday, October 14, 2006

To Henge or not to Henge?

I have seen a few programs on the History and Learning (TLC) channel recently about henges. Henges are basically circles that were used by ancient civilizations to denote a specifically important site. You've heard of Stonehenge, but they've found evidence of hundreds of henges around the world. Stonehenge is made of...stone...but not far from stonehenge was another henge made from huge timbers that they have named, incredibly, woodhenge.

Anyway, when thinking of a name for my first blog, I figured it could be a henge, and since Al Gore's blog is probably called "Webhenge", I had to name mine after what the world wide web has essentially replaced - paper. I really don't know if there was ever a real paperhenge in the world, but I'm fairly certain someone has been building an Alumihenge in my garage with the bags of cans I intend to take to recycling.

No comments: