Friday, October 27, 2006

Da Champs

Here I sit in my chair, my "final season for Busch Stadium" 2005 shirt (that I've worn for 3 days straight) on under my Ozzie Smith jersey, holding my 1979 Topps Ozzie Smith rookie card and drinking a Budweiser Select and the Cardinals have just won the 2006 World Series.

I love sports. I've rooted for many teams for a variety of reasons in a lot of different sports over the years. I've seen a lot of great contests and have a lot of great memories. Of all the teams I've rooted for, I have been a Cardinals fan all my life. Tonight MY team are the champions.

The last time this happened, it was 1982 and Cards' fans have endured a lot of heartbreak since then. Not tonight.

I am overwhelmed with joy. Now I get to watch the post-game stuff until I puke.

Thank you, Cards.

PS: I just gotta say that Leyland's comments after the game show incredible class. Hats off to you, Mr. Leyland, and your Detroit Tigers.

1 comment:

Chas said...

Ah yes, I remember this now. I wonder if it'll happen again in my lifetime. :)