Monday, October 01, 2012

Ah home

So I now remember why I mentioned "home" in my previous post.

Growing up in central Illinois was great. And when I moved to Colorado 15 years ago I never thought I'd move back. However, I always called it home. Even now I refer to it as "back home". I've used it to relate to people or compared little towns I've been through. I've submitted it as my hick pedigree to prove to customers that I get the small-town way of life.

But, being back here after many years and actually having time to experience things and people whom I haven't seen in a long time made me realize that this place is STILL home. I love the smells. I love the people. The tractors. I love how green it is and how easy it is to grow things. Colorado is beautiful and I have some wonderful, life-long friends here. But, it is time to come back.

Regardless of the geography, there are just some things you can't replace. Family and special relationships are two of those things. Two of the things bringing me back to Illinois.

So, tomorrow I head back to Colorado and begin my quest to leave. I am impatient to make it happen but dreading sorting through all my shit.

I am sure I will become familiar with Craig's list and ebay. Wish I could do it all in a month! Can't wait to be back.

No comments: