Saturday, July 28, 2012

Texting

Texting gets a lot of press for being a teenage girl thing. I think it's the best thing to happen to dudes with respect to communication in a long time. Emails are fine but the text message works over more platforms and is shorter and more to-the-point.

There's lots of times when I just want to tell someone "I'm on the way" or ask a quick question. It allows me to check in with my dudes without having to make a phone call. Let's face it dudes don't usually like to spend a lot of time on the phone.

It also allows you to have a conversation over a length of time. When it might be awkward to calm you friend just to say "what's up?" you can text it and your friend can get back to you whenever is most convenient.

Plus you can send pictures, tell someone what you want on your burger, send directions or whatever and you don't have to write it down because it's already there! Extra good for forgetful people like me.

Yay for texts!

No comments: