Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Behind the boathouse, I'll show you my dark secret

So let me start by saying it's come to my attention that some people are actually reading this blog. Well, at least a couple. OK, one. I've been told "Chas, you should tell people about your blog. It's good". Hmmm. I dunno if I want to do that. However, dear reader, if YOU want to share this blog and tell more people about it, please do. After all, the BEST form of advertising is word-of-mouth advertising.

Now on to today's thoughts.

Nobody likes being lied to. Do they? I mean, people are into some weird shit. But I don't think anyone LIKES being lied to. So why, when your media source consistently and undeniably lies to you over and over again, do you keep listening to/watching it? I'm talking about Fox news, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh and others like him. I'm talking about seriously skewed networks like NBC or ultra-liberal publications that have their heads so far up Obama's ass that they chew his breakfast for him. Now, granted, not all of these mentioned purposely lie and deceive the public, but many of them do. Why? Power and money. Apparently people like being lied to, right? What other explanation can there be? Surely the extremists (right and left) can't be that ignorant not to recognize when their talking-head-of-choice is spewing fantastic fabrications. OK, maybe some people are that dumb, but come on! Are they just too proud to admit, "Shit, what Glen Peck just said CAN'T be right"? Maybe. I mean, there are people out there who still think Obama isn't a U.S. citizen. They're fixated with that. Why? Because their 'head tells them it's true and they believe it just because. Lambs. Slaughter.

If Obama and his party/team/minions were able to deceive the entire U.S. government, the entire intelligence community and everyone else by fabricating his citizenship (or hiding his past) then he must be an evil genius. A mastermind of such obscene proportions that I'd think he'd find a much better position to fill than the POTUS. Those who believe he's not a citizen - If your party is so inane as to be unable to find ACTUAL proof of his lack of citizenship after all these years, then maybe your party is dumb.

OK, so my point. Point? I have to have a point? Shit. OK...my point is that the media is a multi-faceted entity. It entertains. It reports. It protects. But, somehow a lot of the NEWS has passed into the realm of entertainment. And, gradually , the lines have blurred and you're not getting facts anymore, you're getting entertained. And, these people wouldn't lie to you if you didn't like it. Right? Because, bottom-line, they make money off of you being entertained. If you like what you see or hear. If you are getting some sort of value from it, then you watch/listen and they sell advertising and they make money. My question for you is, are you willing to expect MORE from your entertainment. If you want bullshit lies and fabrications, watch Real Housewives or Jersey Shore or something. If you want the truth and the facts, unfortunately, I think you...I think we all...are going to have to dig a little deeper.

This has become much longer than I intended. I wanted just a paragraph and then to move on to other nuggets of wisdom. So, I'll end here with this topic and add another short note separate from this one.


No comments: