Thursday, May 15, 2014

My brother

My "aunt" Lois and I were talking about how Alex is so fixated with Joey and how he just stares when Joey is around. Joey wants no part of him, but I guess that's to be expected. 

My family has mentioned how my brother, Kurt, used to dote on me. Lois said that he would come home from school when I was a baby during a certain feeding time and I would always whip my head around when he came in the door and coo and Kurt would hug me. She said for months after he died that I would still turn my head, looking for him. 

It's not the first time I've wished I'd known him, since he died before I was one. However, it's neat to think that we had a mutual bond, even if for a short time. 

I've often wished for a brother or sister. I certainly have some great friends to whom I'm as close as I can fathom being to another (other than my wife) person. But I would like to hug Kurt just once and let him know he was special when he walked with us. 

No comments: