Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What to do on the road

So I'm in Michigan this week, visiting a variety of sites for work.

What do I do when I'm on the road? Usually, as little as possible. I rarely go out to eat, preferring to get something and bring it back to the room. Last night I had hot wings and cheese sticks (thank God it didn't give me the farts for my meetings today). Tonight I went to Meijer (midwest supermarket) and got some stuff to eat. The primary thing I wanted to get was beer. I don't want to go to the lounge and have to sit there and drink a beer. I want to be in my bed watching TV and drinking one.

So, I bought a 6-pack of beer (new Miller chill - I figured, wtf, who cares, right? It is pretty good, actually), some corn chips, 7-layer dip and an asian salad. I've been eating far too shitty, so I thought I'd get something half-healthy.

I'm sitting in bed, chilling 3 of the beers in my ice bucket, eating my dip (maybe I'll get to the salad eventually) and drinking a half-warm one. I'm watching "War of the Worlds" on HBO and getting ready to participate in a mock fantasy draft on SportingNews.com. I really miss home. But, if you have to travel, it's really nice to be able to "hole up" in your room and live like a fucking slob and not have to do any actual work (once email is caught up).

BTW...Meijer is like a Super Walmart. Well....in the fact that it's full of a bunch of slow, bloated people. Unlike Super Walfuck, it has 40000 self-serve isles that worked very good. So, I didn't have to put down my choices and get out of the store before I could buy my stuff :)

No comments: