Thursday, August 02, 2007

New Belgium does it again

When first moving to Colorado, I became acquainted with a beer called "Fat Tire".

It quickly became one of my favorite beers. Over the last few years I drink it less than I used to, but it's still a good beer.

A few years ago they came out with 1554, which is a black ale. I still think it's one of the best beers I've ever had. While it's a little too strong to be a "drinking" beer, it is really smooth and tasty.

I just returned from the liquor store and they have a new flavor - "Mothership Wit". The liquor store owner hadn't even gotten it in the system yet, but he sold me a sixer. It's an "organic wheat beer". I'm a big fan of both organic and wheat, so this is right up my alley. Bonus? It tastes great! While it's not of the level of something like a Paulaner Heffe or other Belgium or German "Weiss Beirs" it is certainly very enjoyable. Try it out the next time you're at the liquor store! Hell, get a 12-pack at the drive-through!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Drive-through?? What drive-through?