Monday, November 20, 2006

Del Taco Crispy Shrimp Tacos

I'd never heard of Del Taco until a few months ago when one opened at the bottom of the hill from where I live. Actually, it was probably a year or so ago and I didn't see any need for "new fangled" mexican fast food when there is a Monica's Tacos and Taco Bell both at the same intersection. About 3 months ago Trish and I decided to give it a try. So we did. They have meals with fries. I tried their fish tacos. Pretty damned good! Then I tried their "macho taco" meal. Also very good! The next thing I tried was their Big Fat chicken/beef taco. Awesome! It's like the gordita thing from Taco Bell except it actually has meat, cheese and veges on it. ;) Recently they came out with Crispy Shrimp Tacos. I could eat about 79,000 of these in one sitting. They have a little salsa, some cabbage and some great (non-fishy) crunchy shrimp in a flour tortilla.

I'm impressed with Del Taco and they have won me over from ever going to Taco Bell unless I'm on the road or something. If you see one of these places, give them a try. I'm betting you won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Trish said...

pizza? now that's what i call a taco...